[Engine-devel] Instance Types Feature

pstehlik pstehlik at redhat.com
Thu Feb 7 09:54:07 UTC 2013

 Hi Tomas,
I've couple of comments, mainly from User POV.
 Currently:
  - we've many useful information, but only on Template tab. Once user
(administrator) wants create new VM, he HAVE TO go to template tab,
remember/write down name of template & then went back to VM tab & create Vm
from desired template.
 New after this change:
 - Administrator will go to tree - clicks few times (or just once in case is
expanded by default), then to DC then to Template tab.

Overall at lest +1 click => almost EACH time someone needs to create VM?

 What if we bring these changes?
 - Create VM window will show as much info about template as possible
  - Description, NICs, list pf apps!  (there is plenty useless space in gray
area on top of this window above/top/between {DC & CLUSTER})
 - as much info as possible (VM subtab on Hosts/Templates main tabs)
 - links between entities which are leading to different entities - once I'm in
template VM subtab, why I can't click to button & be transferred to VM tab to
see all info about this VM?

After mentioned changes I don't really care in which layer or how deep tabs
are. Currently we're adding/deleting tabs in each release in a loop.
P.