[Engine-devel] DB Performance Monitoring

Libor Spevak lspevak at redhat.com
Thu Feb 21 16:50:58 UTC 2013

On 21.2.2013 17:11, Eli Mesika wrote:
> [...]
I think there could be performace improvement with M-views, of course.
There is some overhead just with their maintainance, e.g. refreshing,
updating existing dependent objects (table name renames, ...), not sure
about NATIVE implementation level status in PostgreSQL, according to
e.g. Oracle db capabilities (MV-logs + M-views).

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Materialized_Views

Still, if the Engine gathers statistics nearly in real time, my question
would be, if there is a need of round-trip to the database and back at
all for frequent queries.