[Engine-devel] ovirt engine sdk

navin p navinp1281 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 13:53:17 UTC 2013

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your help.

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 6:15 PM, Michael Pasternak <mpastern at redhat.com>wrote:

> in python, you can see object's attributes by accessing
> __dict__/__getattr__/dir(object)/etc.,
> vm.__dict__ will do the job for you, however i'd suggest you using some
> IDE (i'm using Eclipse + PyDev plugin),
> this way you'll be able accessing object attributes simply by Ctrl+SPACE
> auto-completion.
>
>   Do i have import something for Ctrl+SPACE to work ? It doesn't work for
me atleast for list attributes.

for vm in vmlist:
    print vm.name,vm.memory,vm.id,vm.os.kernel,vm.cluster.id,vm.start_time
    #print help(vm.statistics.list())
    vmslist = vm.statistics.list()
    for i in vmslist:
       print i.get_name()

prints

memory.installed
memory.used
cpu.current.guest
cpu.current.hypervisor
cpu.current.total

but i need the values of memory.installed and memory.used .

Also where do i get the Java SDK and jars ? I looked at maven but it was
1.0 version of SDK.

Regards,
Navin