[Engine-devel] 3.2 features for release notes

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Thu Jan 24 15:30:07 UTC 2013

On 23/01/2013 23:47, Cheryn Tan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm preparing the oVirt 3.2 release notes, starting with the features listed here: http://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_3.2_release-management#Features
>
> Can you please go through the list, and reply to this thread if:
> a) There are features being released for 3.2 which should be documented, but are not on the list; or
> b) Some of the planned features on this list are not being released for 3.2; or
> c) Some of the features on this list are being released for 3.2, but should not be documented.
>
> For features which aren't on the wiki, please send a short description or Bugzilla numbers of each feature.
>
> Please reply no later than Jan 28.
>
> Thank you very much for your help!
> Cheryn

I think most of these made it to 3.2, i'll point fingers at others to
give more details... (doesn't mean others weren't involved in them, just
picked someone to give the details for release notes).

SSIA:
Add support for Opteron G5 (Seoul)
Add Support for Intel Haswell CPU
windows 8/12 - add os type
windows 8/12 - default in user portal should be rdp
    (till we have spice support...)
expand tree by default with list of DCs

federico:
storage live migration

tomas:
Configure Smartcard for VM including Portal support
Allow e1000 to be selected as nic type for Windows VM dynamic

frantisek:
checkbox at vm level to prevent accidental deletion

shahar:
vm payload issues (with cd-rom)

Arik
Changing the name of the virtual machines, created from
    a pool through web-admin-portal

Alona:
network as a main tab
network permissions
network main tab: search for networks (and api)
network main tab: show vms by logical network
hot-plug network - change networks on the fly

Igor:
hotplug nic hook

Muli:
display the VM interface IP per vnic
report ipv6 addresses from guest

vojtech:
ui plugins

Greg:
cluster policy on hyperthreads usage

Laszlo:
-cpu host

Ofri:
quota - add to resource tab in power user portal

moran:
ovirt-live

daniel erez:
slm: move multiple disks (one by one)
unicode enablement for OVF fields
disks subtab/api under storage domain

Tal:
delete disk on vm delete flag (for image vs. volume)

Liron:
move OVF update out of reconstruct master and all other flows as an
    independent sync process

Eli:
inject events
bootstrap: fetch logs to engine
power management proxy (DC or cluster)
multiple fencing devices
add ilo2/ilo4 in text

Yaniv Bronhaim:
collect hardware (bios) information

juan:
engine-vdsm ssl session caching

michael kublin:
auto-recovery: last host in status up

Alon Bar-Lev:
bootstrap: install rhev-h without communication to
    engine 443
bootstrap: pki: use PKCS#12 format to store keys
bootstrap: rewrite (ovirt-host-deploy)
bootstrap: rewrite (otopi)

Yair:
rhevm-manage-domains hardcodes the DC's address instead
    of using DNS lookups

Yaniv Dary:
"cloud provider"" report
Report Daily list of people logged into Spice consoles
    and their activity "
add status of storage domain to dwh/reports
DC Dashboard should display Storage Domains count
single vm uptime - rhevm-reports should be able to
    report uptime against virtual machines
Storage Inventory Report - New report

michael pasternak:
sdk - allow simultaneous connections to multiple servers
cli - disable output redirection to ease testing efforts
java sdk

Doron:
tuned profile for host

doron/adam:
not sure about status of vdsm-mom in 3.2?

shireesh - what about:
Forced removal of a host
Configuration sync with Gluster CLI
Import of existing gluster clusters