[Engine-devel] Instance Types Feature

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Mon Jan 28 17:06:43 UTC 2013

On Jan 28, 2013, at 17:57 , Yair Zaslavsky <yzaslavs at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Why are the flavors predefined, and not configured, or let's say that we provide predefined instance types, and let a way to provide custom instance types
Our plan was to provide couple of predefined types and let user create own if needed. Custom means an extra type where you can specify anything when creating a VM (or use a template).
A change to one of the instance type's parameter(say, mem size) will change the type to Custom while creating a VM. Otherwise the VM will be tied to its instance type and update to the instance type will be global and reflected in all relevant VMs.

Thanks,
michal