[Engine-devel] Watchdog support Feature

Dave Allan dallan at redhat.com
Mon Jan 28 17:23:25 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 08:34:27AM -0800, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 24/01/2013 06:19, Laszlo Hornyak wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Watchdog support in engine will add watchdog to the ovirt UI and REST API. Watchdog cards will be mainly used in HA vm's.
> >
> >http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Watchdog_engine_support
> >
> >Your feedback is welcome!
> >
> >Thank you,
> >Laszlo
> >

> looks like a nice, simple, addition.
> dave, anyone more intimate with the watchdog worth giving another look?

I had a look at the ovirt feature page and asked some libvirt folks as
well, and it all looks good to me except that the libvirt
documentation says that an event when watchdog fires will be added in
the future.  That event has been added.  The watchdog should work
pretty much identically to the physical world: configure the virtual
watchdog card in the guest hardware description and install the
watchdog daemon in the guest.

Dave