[Engine-devel] Time to move to 3.3.0-SNAPSHOT?

Michael Pasternak mpastern at redhat.com
Wed Jan 30 15:48:46 UTC 2013

On 01/30/2013 05:31 PM, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You merge this with the rpm version to 3.3.0 which is totally invalid.
> 3.3.0 is a *RELEASE*.
> I really don't care what maven approach is, but please do not create issues with product release cycle.

There should be no issues with "product release cycle", carrying next development iteration
with [VERSION+1]-SNAPSHOT is a standard, this way people know that they working against yet
not officially released version.

release should drop -SNAPSHOT prefix and at the end of release procedure, bump version and
add -SNAPSHOT back.

> Alon

Michael Pasternak
RedHat, ENG-Virtualization R&D