[Engine-devel] When is ovirt-engine expected to start supporting wildfly?

Juan Hernandez jhernand at redhat.com
Mon Nov 18 19:08:56 UTC 2013

On 11/17/2013 09:31 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 11/17/2013 06:56 PM, Mooli Tayer wrote:
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mooli Tayer.
>
> well, fedora 20 comes with wildfly (formerly JBoss AS8), so i think we
> should aim for 3.4 support on fedora 20 with wildfly, but preserving
> compatibility with AS7/EAP6 for other platforms.
> iirc, juan has been looking at wildfly compatibility implications - juan?

At the moment I have identified two issues that will prevent us from
running in WildFly 8:

1. WildFly 8 changed the default web container from JBoss Web (based on
Tomcat) to Undertow. This shouldn't mean much changes in the
application, as we don't use Tomcat specific APIs. But in means changes
in the XML configuration that we use, including changes in how we
configure connectors.

2. WildFly 8 comes with a new version of Resteasy, and we do use some
Resteasy specific APIs. We will need minor changes in this area.

These two aren't huge issues, but I think it isn't worth going deeper
before there is a release of WildFly 8.

Anyhow, one can always use JBoss AS 7 or EAP in Fedora 20, it is a
matter of uncompressing the JBoss .zip in some directory and setting
JBOSS_HOME=/that/directory in the engine configuration.

3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain