[Engine-devel] [IMPORTANT] DB upgrade scripts for master and for stable branch

Eli Mesika emesika at redhat.com
Thu Oct 24 15:49:21 UTC 2013

Hi

Please note that any upgrade script introduced to the master branch should have the 03_04 prefix.
If this script is resolving a blocker/exception BZ it should be ported to the ovirt-engine-3.3 branch with a 03_03 prefix !!!

We have encountered some patches that broke the upgrade from ovirt-engine-3.3 to master as a result of

1) naming new upgrade scripts in master branch with 03_03 prefix
2) naming new upgrade scripts in ovirt-engine-3.3 stable branch with 03_04 prefix

I am available for any question and asking you to add me to any DB related script as a reviewer even if I +2 the master patch and you just back-port it to ovirt-engine-3.3.
It may save us a lot of noise.

Thanks for your cooperation

Eli