[Engine-devel] UX inputs on gluster volume async tasks

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Mon Sep 2 08:54:46 UTC 2013

Hi Malini, Eldan

Thanks so much for the detailed feedback. Comments inline

On 09/01/2013 07:11 PM, Eldan Hildesheim wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have few more questions.
> 1. How often do we get the data of the activity changes: I wonder if we can change the activity icon by a progress one.
The refresh of data can be configured, defaulting it to 30 seconds. We
have no way however of knowing the time left / number of files yet to be
rebalanced on a volume. So a progress bar may not be possible.
> 2. Normally in oVirt / Rhev we show more data as a "sub tab". Can we assume that Rebalance status is like "more data" and then put all the data that is now in the modal inside a new sub tab name (activity)?
We were averse to creating a new sub tab -
1. To avoid proliferation of sub tabs
2. since this sub-tab will only be relevant when rebalance operation is
going on.
> 3. The icon of "Migration data from Brick in progress": Is this apart of the Rebalance process? Is this a derived aspect of the rebalance?
This is for remove brick...Not rebalance
> 4. Do you have a phone num we can call Monday?
Will contact you off list.