[Engine-devel] Question about API REST

Gustavo Frederico Temple Pedrosa gustavo.pedrosa at eldorado.org.br
Tue Sep 3 12:14:26 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

I'm adding the architecture meta-field of VMs, Templates and Clusters in REST API (see change #16700 in gerrit). It's a read-only field (like a "final" in Java), that the administrator cannot change it, but there are some situations where there might be a value for it, such as when an entity is received from the API, slightly modified and then its update method is called. So I would like to ask these questions about how to implement it:

1) Should this attribute be mapped both ways (from the REST API to the engine and vice-versa)?
2) How should this field be declared in the rdsl_metadata? Do I have to explicitly put it in the optional arguments or should I omit it?
3) How can I make this field strictly immutable (like the ID field is), given that the architecture is a field of the CPU entity, and the methods used to check for invalid updates can only operate on fields that belong directly to the main entity?

Thanks.