[Engine-devel] oVirt3.3 - Glance and Neutron Integration

Mike Kolesnik mkolesni at redhat.com
Mon Sep 30 09:22:02 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

> Hi Mike,

Hi Udaya,

> Thank You for the quick update on this.

Happy to help, responses inline.

> Is there any restriction on installing the Neutron server? Should that be
> installed in the oVirt Engine machine or on the machines which host the
> openstack services - Compute, Network, Controller?

The neutron server itself can be installed on the same machine as engine, just make sure not to install horizon there so it won't mess up your oVirt web admin (haven't tried, but I guess they might not play well together)..

> Thank You,

> Regards,
> Udaya Kiran

> > Hi Mike,
>

> > Thank You for your inputs and update.
>

> > I am trying to integrate oVirt3.3 (stable -
> > http://ovirt.org/releases/stable/rpm/Fedora/$releasever/ ) with OpenStack.
>

> > I am not able to see the web interface for adding Neutron as an external
> > provider as specified in the deep dive presentation.
>

> > Deep Dive Presentation -
> > http://www.ovirt.org/images/e/e7/Ovirt-neutron-integration-deep-dive-2013.pdf
>

> > I have attached the screenshots of my oVirt3.3 setup.
>

> This looks like a very old interface that we had while developing the
> integration, not the final version (that's what you see in the deep dive).

Well, I just installed ovirt from 3.3 and I see the new interface as you posted in the screenshot from the deep dive.

Can you please make sure this is what is installed?

[root at localhost ~]# yum provides ovirt-engine
Loaded plugins: langpacks, refresh-packagekit, versionlock
ovirt-engine-3.3.0-4.fc19.noarch : Management server for Open Virtualization
Repo : ovirt-stable