[Engine-devel] Small suggestions for engine-log-collector

Vojtech Szocs vszocs at redhat.com
Wed Mar 12 11:05:48 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/25653/

> > 2, to force password-based ssh auth, one has to do this:
> >

> In the normal scenario, the the ovirt user's public key should be installed
> into each hypervisor.  Unless something has changed as a part of the
> hypervisor registration process this should be something that we can depend
> upon.

My host was F19 VM added to oVirt Engine via WebAdmin GUI. I thought that
host deploy script should do the public key registration, though.

> Clearly, there are edge cases where you need to collect logs from a
> hypervisor that isn't properly registered with the RHEV-M.  Was this your
> situation and how common do you think this scenario is?

It was either a misconfiguration on my part or that I skipped some step with
regard to public key registration.

> >       engine-log-collector -k ""
> >

> Yes, you are nulling out the default value which causes the LC to prompt you
> for a PW.  Perhaps we should document this as opposed to supplying a
> specific option?  Sandro?

Well, the doc text says "If a identity file is not supplied..." which I
understood as not supplying option value (i.e. "") at all, but this was
just my understanding.