[Engine-devel] hosted engine in 3.4

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Fri Mar 14 09:46:00 UTC 2014

Il 14/03/2014 10:39, Jiri Moskovcak ha scritto:
> On 03/14/2014 10:13 AM, Martin Sivak wrote:
>> Hi,

>> I believe you were there when we were discussing this with pstehlik :)
>>
>> Btw in this case you have to change /etc/hosts on all hosts and inside the
>> engine VM.

>> I also proposed kickstart based setup to Sandro. You would give a repo to setup
>> and it would download the kernel/initrd from it [1] and create a kickstart with
>> the right root password, engine setup and so on..
>>
>> [1] http://ftp.linux.cz/pub/linux/fedora/linux/releases/20/Fedora/x86_64/os/images/pxeboot/

>> Check your VDSM version. Especially the content of /usr/share/vdsm/dsaversion.py
>> file. There are couple of lists specifying the cluster and engine versions that
>> the VDSM supports.
>>
>> If you use 3.4 engine it needs 3.4 VDSM as well.. and the prerelease repo is not
>> enabled by default.
>>

> vdsm version on the host:
> vdsm-4.14.5-0.fc19.x86_64 @ovirt-3.4.0-prerelease
>
> ovirt-engine installed in the VM:
> ovirt-engine-3.4.0-0.13.rc.fc19.noarch
>
> - and it dies with the error message: "Host hosted_engine_1 is compatible with versions (3.0,3.1,3.2,3.3) and cannot join Cluster Default which is set
> to version 3.4"

Above is probably due to libvirt not updated to latest from fedora-virt-preview repo.
Dan, Yaniv, any reason for not explicitly requiring the updated version of libvirt in VDSM package?
If it's just because libvirt is not yet in official Fedora repository, maybe we should ship it on ovirt repository until it's in and put some pressure
on libvirt people for having them pushing the newest package into Fedora.
Thoughts?