Security issues when running gerrit patches on jenkins

Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden ewoud+ovirt at kohlvanwijngaarden.nl
Wed Aug 1 13:50:03 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 01, 2012 at 09:35:39AM -0400, Robert Middleswarth wrote:
> On 08/01/2012 09:31 AM, Eyal Edri wrote:
> > Itamar Heim wrote:
> >> wouldn't it be easier to maintain the whitelist via a git repo on
> >> gerrit?
> >
> > you mean instead of putting it on a wiki page?
> > yes, make sense to maintain a .txt file per project with the whitelist in it.
>
> Actually makes a lot more since.  That allows the projects the
> ability to manage there own list.

Can't we extract this from an authors file? Looking at vdsm/AUTHORS[1]
it looks fairly easy.

Another thing I can imagine is that someone is not whitelisted but
his/her patch receives recieves a +1 from a whitelisted reviewer it can
be built as well. It would be built anyway if it gets accepted and now
jenkins can give -1 if it fails unit tests. Maybe at +2, but that leaves
very little time to actually build it because often it will get merged
straight away.

[1]: http://gerrit.ovirt.org/gitweb?p=vdsm.git;a=blob;f=AUTHORS;hb=HEAD