[vdsm] Jenkins and Gerrit.

Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden ewoud+ovirt at kohlvanwijngaarden.nl
Wed Aug 8 12:55:17 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 03:48:13PM +0300, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 07:47:02AM -0400, Robert Middleswarth wrote:
> > I have setup patch review on Jenkins.info for newly submitted
> > patches and it seems to be working pretty well over all but last
> > night well tweaking the process I broken it for a few min but that
> > was long enough that about 50 jobs were marked -1 I will be fixing
> > that today by rerunning the jobs.  I am sorry if one of your patches
> > was dinged and it should be fixed by this time tomorrow.
>
> Thanks, Robert, for working on this. It is highly important for me to
> know that something is going to break the build before taking it in.
>
> However, would it be possible to have a repository where we can review
> the code of the robot?
It's Gerrit Trigger[1] and the code is on github[2].

> I think it is important for the robot to be less noisy, and
> particularly, never give V+1. This task is reserved to humans that
> actually know what the patch should be doing.
The V+1 has been fixed. Will give 0 when they pass, -1 when they fail.

> Also, I am not at all sure that the robot is limitting itself to be
> running code of trustworthy authors.
Eyal added a feature request for this[3]. This was the result of a
discussion on the infra mailing list[4].

[1]: https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Gerrit+Trigger
[2]: https://github.com/jenkinsci/gerrit-trigger-plugin
[3]: https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-14655
[4]: http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/infra/2012-August/000759.html