[vdsm] Jenkins and Gerrit.

Robert Middleswarth robert at middleswarth.net
Wed Aug 8 19:53:35 UTC 2012

On 08/08/2012 03:07 PM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 09:58:17AM -0400, Robert Middleswarth wrote:

>>> As much as I like (and need) this per-commit verification, I think we
>>> should not deploy it before the feature is implemented.
>>>
>>> BTW, Federico suggested to initiate the test only on request (when oVirt
>>> Jenkins CI Server is added as reviewer). This would allow a more silent
>>> start for CI.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Dan.
>> I already wrote a little bash code to do this outside the plug-in.
>> It will be in place by the end of the day.
> This kind of script is exactly the thing I'd like to be peer-reviewed
> before applied en mass to gerrit changes. Particularly due to the
> security implications.
>
> Regards,
> Dan.
If you are talking about the jenkins app that updates Gerrit that is has
been in use on ovirt-node-devel for some time. As for the whitelist
script that is like 4 lines.

git log --pretty="%ce" -n 1 >  $WORKSPACE/current_author.txt
grep -f $WORKSPACE/current_author.txt $WORKSPACE/jenkins-whitelist.txt
RETVAL=$?
[ $RETVAL -ne 0 ] && curl -u jenkins_bot:xxxxxx $BUILD_URL/stop;

It is simple and the files are generated outside of the repo so it
should be safe.

--
Thanks
Robert Middleswarth