[Engine-devel] Any way to break the dao_unit_tests up?

Shireesh Anjal sanjal at redhat.com
Mon Aug 20 10:30:43 UTC 2012

On Monday 20 August 2012 11:16 AM, Mike Kolesnik wrote:
> [...]

There are two issues here:

1) DB connection is created during initialization of every test case,
and destroyed at the end of each test case execution
2) The fixtures data is inserted during initialization of every test case

I think both of these can be resolved by
  - creating the test data only during initialization of the first test
case, which will include creating the connection (with auto-commit =
false), inserting fixtures data and committing it
  - rolling back any changes done to the database during test case
execution in the tearDown method

I just tried this in two phases. Using the same connection across all
test cases brought down the dao unit tests run time from 4:42.683s to
1:07.628s, and inserting the fixtures data only once further brought it
down to just 22.295s ! (on my local development machine)

I've just sent a patch with these changes: http://gerrit.ovirt.org/7336