Creating a new wiki user account

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Aug 22 15:23:19 UTC 2012

On 08/20/2012 12:10 PM, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi Karsten,
>
> On 08/08/2012 04:19 PM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
>> This is true, the ConfirmAccount extension is active. I have to write
>> up how to use it, recruit more Bureaucrats, and fix the content on the
>> wiki about how to create an account.
>
> I'd be happy to be a Bureaucrat, if you'll have me. Thank you for
> installing the extension!

Thanks, you are now added.

You should now be able to see the " open e-mail-confirmed account
request pending" at the top-right of your wiki screen.

We need to write up some how-to documentation for bureacrats to follow.

>> I figured I'd leave the ability for people to create accounts for
>> other people, so there are now two ways to get an account. The
>> built-in obvious will be to do a request, which is what Dave Neary
>> suggested; but any existing user can just add someone without having
>> to bother a Bureaucrat, as before.
>
> Cool - I wasn't aware that was still an option.

It seems to work - I had to add the permission back to the config file
in a position after the ConfirmAccount extension is loaded (rather than
hack the ConfrmAccount PHP to allow the permission.) I made a comment in
the config file so it won't get moved around and break this capability.

- Karsten