vdsm hooks pages at ovirt.org

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Fri Aug 24 15:57:58 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 08/24/2012 05:44 PM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> On 08/24/2012 01:34 AM, Dave Neary wrote:
>> Has anyone figured out how to do a nice web interface to a Yum
>> repository yet? Something with ratings, download stats, version history,
>> user comments, all that nice stuff... seems like it would be a nice
>> side-project for someone (but then again, I have no idea what would be
>> involved).
>
> Something like this?
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/

I meant something lore like this: http://maemo.org/downloads/Maemo5/

Every package has its own auto-generated page, quality indicator,
average rating, download count, update history, link to bug tracker
(required by Maemo packaging guidelines) and user comments. For example:
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/Maemo5/marble-maps/

The package maintainer can also add screenshots, if he wants.

> That is a more focused app than I think you imagine, but I bet Bodhi
> could be stripped to something that was more about ratings etc. for a
> single repo, with the packager workflow bits hidden.

That sounds wonderful - if we could make it more visually attractive,
and integrate some kind of QA on package descriptions (à la Maemo) it
would be automatically useful as you maintained and updated your software.

The key point of the Maemo way of doing things is that you had an
initial upload step where you had to fill in various product information
fields, and afterwards, as the developer you had almost nothing else to
take care of. It was great!

Cheers,
Dave.

--