Plugins service

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Aug 24 16:07:32 UTC 2012

We had a meeting today to discuss the overall idea for an oVirt plugins
web service.

Dan Yasny is going to propose the idea and roadmap to arch@ so we can
get feedback on the whole concept. (Need to make sure we are imaginging
the idea correctly, not missing anything further, etc.)

Minutes:
	http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2012/ovirt.2012-08-24-15.06.html

Minutes (text):
	http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2012/ovirt.2012-08-24-15.06.txt

Log:
	http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2012/ovirt.2012-08-24-15.06.log.html

====================================
#ovirt: vdsm-hooks - scope and plans
====================================

Meeting started by quaid at 15:06:23 UTC. The full logs are available at
http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2012/ovirt.2012-08-24-15.06.log.html .

Meeting summary
---------------
* WordPress version is 3.3.2  (quaid, 15:17:18)
* AGREED: plugins.ovirt.org/sub-dir-per-project-need makes sense
  (quaid, 15:17:32)
* AGREED: Plugin system should include: version, compatibility, rating,
  download count, links to the RPM/package formats, comments, tags,
  categories, link to the RPM that makes an 'ovirt-plugins' repo
  (quaid, 15:32:21)
* Every build of VDSM will reversion the hook, keeping track of the
  links to the RPMs needs to be automated  (quaid, 15:36:19)
* WordPress may have an extension we can use, something that is about a
  catalog of goods, software collection would be best  (quaid, 15:37:06)
* IDEA: Jenkins & scripting could be used to update symlinks  (quaid,
  15:45:41)

Meeting ended at 16:03:39 UTC.

Action Items
------------