WARNING: Short outage of www.ovirt.org in 1h (15:30 UTC)

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Dec 3 22:59:06 UTC 2012

On 12/03/2012 07:42 AM, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> To resolve a critical issue with the new website
> (http://ovirt.org/pagename links are not getting correctly redirected to
> http://www.ovirt.org/pagename) we will be committing a change in the
> server configuration, which will restart the service.

This problem is now resolved. ovirt.org/$pagename links should now
redirect to www.ovirt.org/$pagename. Let us know if you see anything
still not working.

> This will result in a short (~30s) outage.
>
> To help avoid any loss of work, we will be announcing critical changes
> such as this with one hour's notice.

We ended up resolving this without an outage, as the correction needed
to be made where the site did not need to be restarted.

As Dave pointed out, when we have a critical need to restart services
that may affect any of you, we'll try to give an hour notice. Rarely
there won't be time for a notice, for the most part we can give one hour
notice for critical and 24-hour notice for non-critical service
restarts. The Infra team will work on a policy for this and publish it
for review.

Thanks - Karsten