Infra documentation, the big picture

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Dec 11 20:03:04 UTC 2012

On 12/11/2012 08:24 AM, Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 10:03:24AM -0500, David Caro Estevez wrote:
>> I was going through the wiki and I'm missing a place with a list of
>> all the services the project has and all the machines (something that
>> gives you a big picture of all the infrastructure).
>> Is that documented somewhere?
>>
>> If not I can try to gather all that info and create a new wiki page
>> while learning what do we actually have.
>
> http://www.ovirt.org/Infrastructure_provided_by_oVirt_project is a very
> short summary that could use some expansion.

Yes, definitely a bit of a hole in our documentation. David, it would be
much appreciated if you filled with your research/learning. (This is
about to need wider understanding as we discuss our new hosting design.)

If you haven't found it already, these are helpful:

http://ovirt.org/Category:Infrastructure
http://www.ovirt.org/Category:Infrastructure_documentation
http://www.ovirt.org/Category:Infrastructure_SOP

(I see the [[Infrastructure provided by oVirt project]] way down the
page in the 'Pages in category "Infrastructure"' section.)

Perhaps we want a brief description of these services near the top of
the [[Infrastructure]] page?

- Karsten