Trust seed

Livnat Peer lpeer at redhat.com
Tue Jul 10 12:52:46 UTC 2012

On 10/07/12 07:35, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:

> As discussed in last week's meeting, I'm proposing myself as a trust
> seed for this team. Here's what that means, why me, and what it does
> for us. Full consensus requested, please: +1, +0, or -1 (latter with
> reasoning included.)
>
> We need to make the leap with this project and begin trusting each
> other enough to share root/sudo access on production servers[1]. By a
> "trust seed" I mean, a person who all others involved trust in
> deciding who else to trust. As a seed, it's a one time thing - once
> created, the initial trust circle will decide for itself how to
> perpetuate, i.e., how to add new people in to the trust circle.
>
> Regarding my qualifications for being trusted and extending trust,
> some supporting points:
>
> * Some of you have met me in person, at the initial oVirt workshop and
> other locations.
> * Demonstrated involvement in oVirt (presuming my wiki and GPG
> accounts are not compromised, I have commit and email history to show
> involvement.)
> * Trust in Red Hat can extend to me, based on my 10+ years employment,
> etc.
> * Presence and positions of trust in other open source projects,
> namely the Fedora Project.
> * Experience working in Fedora Infrastructure as part of a distance
> team of people who have never all met in person.
> * Handful of videos of me talking at conferences, identified by name,
> and so forth.
>
> I can provide references for the above, if requested.
>
> Thanks - Karsten

+1, Karsten I think you are doing a great work in ovirt in general and I
wish you luck making the infra sub-project a successful one.

I would like to suggest that Moran Goldboim would also be included in
the trust seed of the infra project.

I think Moran is doing a lot of work in oVirt, he is well familiar in
the oVirt community and has a lot of knowledge to contribute to the
infra sub-project.

Livnat