Infrastructure for Jenkins

Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden ewoud+ovirt at kohlvanwijngaarden.nl
Thu Jul 12 16:16:06 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 07:31:41AM -0700, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> On 07/12/2012 05:57 AM, Jabs, Joachim wrote:
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > as previously offered:
> >
> > Im willing to provide you guys infrastructure for Jenkins. Im
> > currently trying out getting oVirt running on a cluster (we have
> > 192 Cores and 3TB RAM aviable) for providing help with problems
> > around ovirt that might arise.
> >
> > The Cluster is not commercially used (Not right now) and for me its
> > also a good opportunity to learn about ovirt and also about hosting
> > VM related infrastructure. This will also be a test for stability
> > and maintainability around the hardware used.
> >
> > If you guys sum up what you need, I think I might be able to do
> > something for you there. If you have any questions regarding the
> > offer, just ask.
>
> Hey, thanks for following. This is a great offer, +1 from me.
>
> Ewoud, Eyal (& others?) - what does Joachim need to do? Is this a good
> place to start? --
>
> http://ovirt.org/wiki/Jenkins

Actually a jenkins slave only needs a jenkins user with SSH keys
installed. You also need some packages, depending on the unit tests that
need to be run. java-1.7.0-openjdk-devel for the java ones. VDSM also
needs sudo. You should remove a line with requiretty in it and add the
following:

jenkins = NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/yum, /usr/sbin/setenforce /usr/bin/ksflatten, /usr/bin/livecd-creator, /usr/bin/mount

Need to catch my train now, hopefully there I can finish up some
documentation and some puppet magic that sets it up for you.