how to get files from jenkins.ovirt.org to www.ovirt.org

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Tue Jul 31 06:46:32 UTC 2012

Hi,

after looking into the process and testing it via jenkins.ovirt.info, here is my proposal:

1. Nightly job [1] will collect rpms from all ovirt projects (other jenkins jobs that build rpms per commit).
   1.1 all files will be kept in a flat dir under $WORKSPCE/rpms
   1.2 using 'publish over ssh' [2] plugin the job will then copy files to their destination according to their names. [3]
       for e.g 	'ovirt-engine-3.1.0-3.fc17.noarch.rpm' ==> ovirt.org/var/www/html/releases/nightly/rpm/Fedora/17/noarch
                'ovirt-engine-3.1.0-3.fc17.src.rpm' ==> ovirt.org/var/www/html/releases/nightly/rpm/Fedora/17/src
                'ovirt-engine-3.1.0-3.bz2' ==> ovirt.org/var/www/html/releases/nightly/src'
   1.3 publish ssh plugin can execute a command after its done copying the file, so all is left is to run 'createrepo' on the relevant dirs. [4]

2. a separate cron cleaning script needs to run on ovirt.org to delete old rpms and run createrepo.

+1 for pushing this forward or comments?

Eyal.

[1] http://jenkins.ovirt.org/view/rpms/job/publish_ovirt_rpms_nightly/, this job currently works only for fedora17 rpms (that's what we have now).
    we'll need to improve it to be more generic (maybe as a matrix job) or duplicate it for each opertating system.
[2] https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Publish+Over+SSH+Plugin, using pub/private key with user jenkins to connect
[3] jenkins user will need r/q permissions to the nightly folder
[4] will need sudo access for it.