[infra] About create a Jenkins job for vdsm functional tests

Zhou Zheng Sheng zhshzhou at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Nov 29 09:46:32 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Recently some functional tests for VDSM are merged, including creating
storage domain, pool and volume on local file system, and creating VM on
the storage. I think it will be helpful to run these functional tests in
oVirt Jenkins. I setup a Jenkins in my laptop and define a job to do
this. Generally it polls VDSM git repo, pull the latest commit, builds
the rpm, yum remove 'vdsm*', yum localinstall the generated rpms, start
vdsmd.service, and run the functional tests. It's pretty straight forward.

I think the oVirt Jenkins setup maybe different from a laptop, and you
may have many other concerns. Is there anything I can help?

--
Thanks and best regards!

Zhou Zheng Sheng / 周征晟
E-mail: zhshzhou at linux.vnet.ibm.com