revised download page mockup

Garrett LeSage garrett at redhat.com
Thu Sep 6 18:58:51 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

Based on some feedback from the IRC meeting yesterday, I've scaled back
the changes needed from oVirt for the download page and designed an
alternate that we could use for the immediate future.

http://people.redhat.com/glesage/oVirt/website/mockup-1/download-alt.html

It's based on what is currently on oVirt.org, with some minor changes:
• simplification of the installation steps
• inclusion of system requirements and some summary text at the top

As I wanted to communicate what each section would say, I wrote some
filler text that should be somewhat close to the idea of what we might
want to use. However, the text on this page is very rough in comparison
to the other pages, so please keep this in mind.

Also, I should note that the original download design (for comparison)
is at:
http://people.redhat.com/glesage/oVirt/website/mockup-1/download.html

...and the background thoughts behind the original download page are at:
http://people.redhat.com/glesage/oVirt/website/background-info/design-download.html

Thanks! I'm looking forward to your feedback!
Garrett