storage space on alterway1

Alexander Rydekull rydekull at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 11:25:18 UTC 2013

Sounds to me like it's been done in a proper way, excluding the amount of
filesystems.

But, the idea is so that you can just easily add space/filesystems where
you need it when you need it. Rather then waste everything on one space.

So if you feel that you need more space, think about, should i create a new
filesystem?
Do you see a possible need that the data you need to fit on that filesystem
might need optimisations? A different filesystem? To be easily moved etc.

At any rate, you should not, never, no, just give it the "maximum" because
you can.

- - -

So, my vote, create new filesystem, give it the estimated required amount
of disk you feel is needed. Nothing more.

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 9:34 AM, Eyal Edri <eedri at redhat.com> wrote:

> i see current space is very limited:

> /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
>                       9.9G  1.2G  8.2G  13% /
> tmpfs                 7.8G     0  7.8G   0% /dev/shm
> /dev/sda1             122M   43M   73M  38% /boot
> /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol01
>                       9.9G  202M  9.2G   3% /var/log
>

> should we expand the volume group now to it's maximum size for
> /var/lib/jenkins ($JENKINS_HOME)?
>
> looks like it has over 250GB:
>
> [eedri at alterway01 ~]$ sudo vgs
>   VG         #PV #LV #SN Attr   VSize   VFree
>   VolGroup00   1   3   0 wz--n- 278.62g 256.62g
>

> eyal.

/Alexander Rydekull