Becoming an Infrastructure team member

Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden ewoud+ovirt at kohlvanwijngaarden.nl
Mon Feb 25 16:26:26 UTC 2013

Hello,

Kiril Nesenko pointed out our process to become an infra member[1] is
currently not defined. During the the 2013-02-25 meeting[2] we briefly
discussed it (see the logs[3] at around 15:33) and decided to move the
discussion here.

As I see it one big problem is trust. In traditional open source you
submit patches until the trust is built. With infra this is harder.
quaid suggested the following flow:

1. Join our meeting and/or active on the ML
2. Give SSH to look around on the server
3. Add limited sudo to that SSH access
4. Full sudo

With puppet we can make larger parts of our infra public without SSH and
even accept patches, but that's longer run since we have to set that up
and get it going first.

I invite you all to have a discussion so we can create a first process.

[1]: http://www.ovirt.org/Becoming_an_Infrastructure_team_member
[2]: http://resources.ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2013/ovirt.2013-02-25-15.01.html
[3]: http://resources.ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2013/ovirt.2013-02-25-15.01.log.html