Alter Way server ready to be delivered

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Thu Jan 3 19:40:34 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 01/03/2013 06:02 PM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> We want to run CentOS *somewhere* because that's one of the main
> platforms that oVirt runs on. It's one of the main server environments
> that our Infra team has experience with already. It attracts other
> CentOS admins to help with infrastructure.
>
> Regarding a mixed environment, I think we should embrace it. I wonder if
> we don't see a lot of involvement from the Debian or OpenSUSE groups
> because the project looks like "it's all about Red Hat"? I feel that
> pushing 100% RHEL for our environment is a detriment to our ability to
> grow this community beyond Red Hat-enthusiasts.

This is a good point. We should embrace diversity where it helps show
our community as being diverse, and when it does not adversely affect
our ability to administer our network. I don't think it's a good idea to
have a different operating system on each server we run, but certainly
within reason, CentOS can be used. And now that we have clarified that
we can have RHEL entitlements in the future, we have RHEL as an option
for other servers.

Let's implement the pre-Christmas decision of the infrastructure team
and move on.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13