Having a network architecture

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Wed Jan 16 15:14:12 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I think it's time that we added just a touch of documentation and
process to the infra team. I would like to have the following in place
in the next couple of weeks:

* The name of a person who will take responsibility for the overall
network architecture of oVirt, who will co-ordinate on the addition of
services and the addition of new hardware and sponsorships (such as
Infiniband, which Rydekull kindly informed us of)
* A documented process for becoming an admin on an oVirt service

The infra team has grown well in recent months, and we have lots of good
will - and I think it's great that we have a light process for becoming
a member of the team. But there have been a couple of occasions when
people who have been contributing positively to discussions, and
attending infra meetings regularly, have told me they didn't think they
were part of the team, and didn't know how to become one. I think we
should fix this.

And having someone who takes responsibility for when and how we add new
hardware and services seems like a good idea - even if this person
delegates the installation and administration of those services to
members of the infra team who are familiar with those things.

Is this feasible? Who are the candidates for the architect role, and who
has some time to document our very light process?

Thanks!
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13