Jenkins build failure due to "publish of test report" failing

Deepak C Shetty deepakcs at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jan 24 14:40:47 UTC 2013

Hi Infra team,
     I am getting jenkins build failures for my patches, but it does not
seem related to the change I made
Pls see the chat I had with ewoud below.

Let me know whether I need to re-post my patches ?

thanx,
deepak

<deepakcs> is anybody seeing jenkins unit test failures ? I am getting
some @ http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_unit_tests_gerrit_el/31/console
<deepakcs> but they don't seem to be related to my patch changes at all
<deepakcs> and the unit tests ran fine on my devpt system !
<deepakcs> fsimonce, ^^ can u provide some insight ?
* acathrow (~acathrow at pool-173-76-239-245.bstnma.fios.verizon.net) has
left #vdsm
<ewoud> deepakcs: maybe the EL job is configgured different from th
fedora one?
<deepakcs> ewoud, you mean if it had run on fedora, it would have
possible passed the test ?
<ewoud> deepakcs: if you look at the console output you can see EL tries
to publish unit test results where fedora doesn't
<ewoud> Build step 'Publish JUnit test result report' changed build
result to FAILURE
<deepakcs> ewoud, i see some ERROR in untitests too .. related to eth0 /
net tests.. which i don't see on my fedora devpt box
<deepakcs> ewoud, so whats the next step for me ? resubit and hope that
it runs on fedora ?
<ewoud> deepakcs: no, it's configured to always run on both
<ewoud> current step would be to find a jenkins job admin who can change it
<deepakcs> ewoud, not clear to me. the publishing of test is failing,
hence the overall build is failing, so someone needs to fix that ?
<ewoud> deepakcs: yes, it's misconfigured on EL
<ewoud> deepakcs: http://www.ovirt.org/Infrastructure_team_assignments
tells me eedri and dcaro are general jenkins admins, but maybe someone
in the VDSM team can also configure it
<deepakcs> ewoud, wondering why i don't see build failure mails for
other patches on the list ?
<ewoud> deepakcs: that I don't know
<deepakcs> ewoud, any idea abt some of the ERROR seen by the unit tests
in that console o/p ?
<ewoud> deepakcs: I also think that there should be one job to build
vdsm and have it in a grid config so it builds on multiple platforms,
but I'll poke eedri/dcaro about it
<deepakcs> ewoud, thanks, so I won't repost my patches then
<ewoud> deepakcs: that looks odd because first it shows an error and then OK
<apuimedo> ewoud, deepakcs it is because of el having Python 2.6 instead
of 2.7
<ewoud> apuimedo: yes, but then I'd expect it to just show an error and
not OK
<deepakcs> ewoud, apuimedo thanks. I didn't notice the OK embedded after
the error :)
<apuimedo> ewoud, yeah... I guess the jenkins job could be better done :P
<apuimedo> deepakcs, hopefully today it'll be fixed
<apuimedo> by a patch from saggi
<ewoud> deepakcs:
http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_unit_tests_gerrit_el/ only shows
errors so you're not alone
<deepakcs> ewoud, some consolation for me :)
<ewoud> deepakcs: I poked dcaro on #vdsm (OFTC)
<deepakcs> you mean #ovirt ?
<ewoud> euh yes
<ewoud> but it can't hurt to send an email to infra at ovirt.org and/or
create a ticket in trac
<deepakcs> i hope the 'X' against my verified goes away ;)
<deepakcs> ewoud, I can do that and paste this chatlog of ours
<deepakcs> i mean send mail to the infra team
<ewoud> I don't think there's a way to rerun the unit tests unless you
push a new set, but there's no point until the job is fixed
<deepakcs> ewoud, i thot if they fixed the issue, they will have the
test re-run on all the failed patches ?
<ewoud> deepakcs: not sure because gerrit triggers a build and not sure
if you can easily trigger it again
<deepakcs> ok