May I apply for a user account on jenkins.ovirt.org to run VDSM functional tests?

Zhou Zheng Sheng zhshzhou at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jan 29 10:24:27 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I notice there is no VDSM functional tests running in oVirt Jenkins.
Currently in VDSM we have some XML-RPC functional test cases for iSCSI,
localfs and glusterfs storage as well as creating and destroying VMs on
those storage. Functional tests through JSON-RPC are under review. I
also submit a patch to Gerrit for running the tests easily
(http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/11238/). More test cases will be added to
improve test coverage and reduce the chance of regression.

Some bugs that can not be covered by unit test can be caught by
functional tests. I think it would be helpful to run these functional
tests continuously. We can also configure the Gerrit trigger in Jenkins
to run functional tests when someone verifies the patch or when it gets
approved but not merged. This may be helpful to the maintainer.

I've setup a Jenkins job for VDSM functional tests in my lab server. You
can refer to the job configuration of my current setup
(https://github.com/edwardbadboy/vdsm-jenkins/blob/master/config.xml).
After my patch in Gerrit is accepted, the job configuration will be
simpler and the hacks can be removed. May I apply a user account for
creating job in the oVirt Jenkins?

--
Thanks and best regards!

Zhou Zheng Sheng / 周征晟