sudo permissions for jenkins

Mike Burns mburns at redhat.com
Tue Jul 23 20:27:08 UTC 2013

I have a task that is currently not allowed due to the current sudo
rules.  I need to be able to run the edit-node tool to generate
ovirt-node isos containing vdsm.  This tool requires root or sudo access.

The problem is that I'm extracting the tool from it's rpm since it's
generated in a different jenkins job.  The execution is done with a
command like this:

sudo ${WORKSPACE}/edit-node <options>

AFAIK, this can't be handled in the sudoers file in any easy way.

Any suggestions?  Or maybe simply enable universal passwordless sudo?

Thanks

Mike