[jenkins] notes from last jenkins user conference 2013

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Wed Jun 12 11:38:45 UTC 2013

Fyi,

Some of the infra members attended the last jenkins conf in israel.
(http://www.cloudbees.com/jenkins/juc2013/juc2013-israel-abstracts.cb)

Slides/Videos will be available later on from cloudbees.

Here are some info we think might be relevant to oVirt:

Builds:
============

* Bintray - https://bintray.com/howbintrayworks#page1  (sort of like github for binaries, including rpms, from jFrog) - replace resources.ovirt.org?
* Log ovirt downloads - idea came up to count ovirt downloads if we're not doing it already

Misc Jenkins plugins:
==================
* Database plugin - some plugins supports storing data in db - excellent for reporting
                     https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Database+Plugin
                     https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Audit+To+Database+Plugin

* Job generator plugin - https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Job+Generator+Plugin

* Build flow plugin - https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Build+Flow+Plugin
                    - build complex build flows, uses DSL

* Jenkow plugin - bpmn https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Jenkow+Plugin) -
                     - early release, adds supprt for RBMS
                     - integration of http://activiti.org/

* Parallel test executor plugin - https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Parallel+Text+Executor+Plugin
                        - new way to run parallel jobs > splits the job into n parts and runs in parallel

* Recepie plugin - https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Recipe+Plugin
                      - share jobs with community, might be a good option to increase exposure of oVirt via jenkins.

Hope we can find some of these useful for oVirt.

Eyal.