Configuring Fedora 18 to run VDSM functional tests

Fabian Deutsch fabiand at redhat.com
Tue Mar 5 10:20:30 UTC 2013

Am Dienstag, den 05.03.2013, 14:30 +0800 schrieb Zhou Zheng Sheng:
> I setup a virtual machine running in QEMU snapshot mode. Then add it
> Jenkins as a slave. There is a plugin for Jenkins to start and stop
> slave using libvirt. So I configure Jenkins to start the VM slave to
> build, install and run VDSM tests, then shutdown. Jenkins slave gets
> the
> root privileges of the guest OS and do whatever it needs to. Since the
> VM slave is in snapshot mode, it restores the original state after
> shutdown. I also make a small script to switch snapshot mode on/off
> when
> I needs to manage the configuration and packages for the guest OS.
>
> Which plan do you prefer? Could someone help me setup this
> environment?
> (I only get access to Jenkins.)

Hey,

with oVirt Node we've got similar problems of how to do the functional
tests.
That's why we came up with igor [0]. Igord integrates nicely with
Jenkins and does all the VM management for you.
What igor does is creating and setting up an OS (by passing
kernelarguments - currently only oVirt Node is tested) and running a
testsuite on the OS itself - so maybe this is interesting for you too!
You could even run vdsm on a Node build (a Node ISO is build is
triggered by every vdsm fedora package build).

Currently Igor uses libvirt to run the VMs and requires cobbler to setup
the VMs, but we might drop this dependency.
This document describes how to setup an Igor env on Fedora 18 [1].

Besides that we are also looking how we can integrate Igor into the
oVirt infrastructure.

Greetings
fabian

--