Full disk on resources.ovirt.org

Alexander Rydekull rydekull at gmail.com
Wed May 8 08:44:31 UTC 2013

Okay, so I'm quite sick of these "full disk on linode01" issues.

So, I propose the following solution:

- A maintainer of jenkins publish-rpms-nightly disable the copy of several
versions of the each RPM (preferably only the latest, do we really need
more, its a nightly build afterall)
- A maintainer of jenkins publish-rpms-nightly TRY to make a link to the
files instead of copying them.

- Until this is done, we can clear some disk (3 GB+) by doing something
like the following:
# cd /var/www/html/releases/nightly
# for yfile in $(for xfile in $(for file in $(find . -type f -name "*.rpm")
; do echo $file | cut -d"." -f 1-2 ; done | sort -u) ; do ls ${xfile}* |
sort -n | head -n-2 ; done) ; do echo rm $yfile ; done

This will effectively remove every RPM except the last two revisions of
each package. (Well, obviously you need to remove that very last "echo" in
the line, just putting it there not to ruins someones afternoon).

- What I propose other then this is just putting the backups somewhere
else.
We should have sufficient space for this on another host.
If not, give ma thumbs up and I'll host the backups somewhere else for us
until we've gotten it in order.

Any thoughts?

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 7:18 AM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade <kwade at redhat.com>wrote:

> On 05/01/2013 11:51 PM, Eyal Edri wrote:
>

> >> What does /jenkins do? I find lots of RPMs in sub-directories that are
> >> apparently dailies for the last month. Can we sweep them out to get some
> >> breathing room?
> >
> > this is a temp place for publishing nightlies, but i think it may not be
> deleted probperly.
> > i added a remove function to the move cron script 'move_jenkins_nightly'
> to delete all content after it's published.
> > (deleting current data released 13GB).
>
> Looks like we have the same problem again - that directory structure is
> filled with many versions of similar files, and the disk is full again.
> I freed up enough space to keep Mailman running for now.
>
> --
> Karsten 'quaid' Wade
> http://TheOpenSourceWay.org  .^\  http://community.redhat.com
> @quaid (identi.ca/twitter/IRC)  \v'  gpg: AD0E0C41