Puppet environment name / branch name

Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden ewoud+ovirt at kohlvanwijngaarden.nl
Thu Nov 21 17:08:49 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 04:27:47PM +0100, David Caro wrote:
> On Thu 21 Nov 2013 03:57:27 PM CET, Itamar Heim wrote:

I think r10k doesn't care about branches, it just maps them 1-to-1 to
puppet environments. That means we can also move all our puppet clients
to master if you think that's better. We could also add a testing branch
to create a testing environment for example.

My suggestion to make it production is that even when you're writing
patches, you know it's for production.

My experience with working on non-master is that it's trivial for new
clones (assuming you change HEAD on the remote server) and some effort
for every existing clone.