r10k puppet deployment

Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden ewoud+ovirt at kohlvanwijngaarden.nl
Wed Sep 11 14:09:17 UTC 2013

For https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/ticket/71 I submitted
http://gerrit.ovirt.org/19141 to use r10k for module deployment.

I do have some concerns for further deployment. Until now I've assumed
that we want jenkins to build on new git versions (possibly via the
jenkins patch merged trigger) and then push that to foreman.ovirt.org.
However, that means we give jenkins implicit root on all of our infra
which is a bad thing.

Some solutions I can think of:

1. Set up a cronjob on foreman to poll git
1.1. Run make as the current patch
1.2. Change the patch and switch to dynamic environment support[1]
2. Set up an infra jenkins to automate this

I'm leaning to 1.2, but maybe I'm missing some other solutions.

[1]: https://github.com/adrienthebo/r10k#dynamic-environment-support