Jenkins job for ovirt-iso-uploader and ovirt-image-uploader

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Tue Sep 24 06:51:15 UTC 2013

Il 11/09/2013 09:56, Eyal Edri ha scritto:
> Hi Sandro,
>
> I assume we can create a new vm on rackspace to act as NFS server for the job,
> or even convert one of the existing jenkins slave vms to be one.
>
> any other thoughts from the infra team?
>
> Also, you will need to get a power user for jenkins (for tools) in order to create new jobs
> for them as well.
> The process for that is sending email to this list & engine-devel to request it formally and
> get acks from the community.
>
> Eyal.

About the space needed during the job execution:

I can confirm that the ovf file contained in ovirt-image-uploader package for testing,
sample.ovf is 1826 byte.
iso-uploader should use an iso file: I've just created one:
$ echo "iso uploader test" > README
$ genisoimage -o isouploader.iso README
$ ll isouploader.iso
-rw-rw-r--. 1 sbonazzo sbonazzo 358400 24 set 08.41 isouploader.iso

That space will be needed both in $TMPDIR and in the NFS destination.

non iso file are not listed inside the engine but if 360k is too much,
just for testing iso uploader a non empty file is enough:
$ echo "iso uploader test" > isouploader.iso
$ ll isouploader.iso
-rw-rw-r--. 1 sbonazzo sbonazzo 18 24 set 08.50 isouploader.iso