Scripting guidelines

David Caro dcaroest at redhat.com
Fri Feb 21 10:01:40 UTC 2014

El 21/02/14 00:40, Alon Bar-Lev escribió:

> [...]

From the company you work for, and a pretty old and active participation on open
source projects, Dave (cc'd) seems to disagree with your view of open source
management:

https://opensource.com/business/11/2/leadership-open-source-communities

"""
So how are open source communities led? Largely by the people doing the work.
Most groups have a loosely defined common goal (build software widgets, or
develop a awesome, open source, computer-based fourth grade math curriculum),
and decisions are made by the people doing the work. There's no manager in place
dictating edicts about how things must be done or what objectives to seek after.
Many people object to this method, call it anarchy, and claim that it impedes
progress. It's true that if the same set of people was coerced into a single
direction, they might make more progress, but there likely wouldn't be the same
level of innovation.
"""