Another cpopen missing failure

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Thu Jan 2 14:50:45 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 01, 2014 at 02:10:54PM -0500, Eyal Edri wrote:
> the problem is that one vdsm jobs needs python-cpopen (like unit tests),
> while another job (like vdsm install sanity) fails on it cause of conflict with vdsm-python-cpopen,
> so puppet does what it should like all other pkg.
>
> what's wrong is:
> 1. why vdsm still builds vdsm-python-cpopen if it's not needed

ovirt-3.3's Vdsm builds vdsm-python-cpopen - as it always has and always
will. We cannot change history, and we shouldn't make such a change in a
stable branch.

master's Vdsm does not build that package and does not require it.

> 2. why spec file brings it when you try to install python-cpopen.

http://resources.ovirt.org/releases/updates-testing/rpm/Fedora/19/x86_64/
is enabled on that slave, and it carries
vdsm-python-4.13.2-1.fc19.x86_64.rpm which provides python-cpopen=1.2.3

Yum prefers to take it over the available version from fedora. This
might be related to the fact that
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2013-23216/python-cpopen-1.2.3-5.fc19
is stuck in testing mode for quite some time. Your karma may hasten
things there.

I share Ewoud's opinion: since some jobs need python-cpopen and some
conflict with it, it should not be part of the platform handled by
puppet, but job-specific.

On the mean while we should disable the updates-testing repo, or drop
the old ovirt-3.3 stuff from it, or put python-cpopen-1.2.3-5 there.

Dan.