release repo structure and 3.3.2

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Tue Jan 7 14:31:12 UTC 2014

Il 01/01/2014 10:42, Alon Bar-Lev ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> For some reason there 3.3.2 z-stream was released in its own repository so people that are subscribed to stable[1] did not get it.

Why not?
stable release had ovirt-release-10 which enabled both stable and 3.3.2 repository by yum updating it.

> There is no much sense in releasing fix release that people do not get in simple "yum update".
>
> Also the following is now broken of most packages' spec:
> Source0:        http://ovirt.org/releases/stable/src/@PACKAGE_NAME@-@PACKAGE_VERSION@.tar.gz
>
> For each minor we should have rolling repository, to reduce noise and provide service.
>
> All released tarballs (sources) should be stored at fixed location to allow distro specific code to fetch, the location must be synced with what we publish.
>
> Immediate action is to move the 3.3.2 content into the stable directory.

So previous request of having each release in its own repository has been retired?
Or is it combined?
Do we want stable to be a rolling repository and have also a repository for each version?
I'm not against having rolling packages in just one stable repository, I just want to understand what is the desired structure of the repositories.

--
Sandro Bonazzola
See how it works at redhat.com