ovirt-specs project needed

Juan Hernandez jhernand at redhat.com
Fri Jan 10 12:44:31 UTC 2014

On 01/10/2014 01:20 PM, Juan Hernandez wrote:
> On 01/10/2014 11:36 AM, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:

>>> Maybe we can use the existing releng-tools repo to store the external
>>> projects specs that we need, I think that as they are part of the
>>> release process they fit well there.
>>
>> looks good to me.
>> Juan, can you push needed spec file there?
>>

> Here they are:
>
> http://gerrit.ovirt.org/23128

Some thoughts on how I would suggest to manage these specs:

- We should have one directory per package, and store in that directory
the template for the .spec file, the build script and also the potential
patches.

- We should have one git branch for each major version of the RPM
distributions that we support. This is what the build systems of Fedora
and RHEL do, for example. So we should have branches like fc19, fc20,
el6, el7, etc. This way it is possible to have different specs for
different distributions without having to use multiple "if fedora/if
rhel" in the spec itself.

- I would even suggest to move the .spec files out from the main
repositories of other components and into this repository. In particular
I would like to do that for the SDKs and the CLI (that is why I
initially suggested to name it "ovirt-specs").

3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain