Jenkins failures

David Caro dcaroest at redhat.com
Tue Feb 10 18:20:35 UTC 2015

On 02/10, Eyal Edri wrote:
> it seems that that slave isn't responsive to ssh,
> so it might got some sort of an infra issue.
>
> i think we should consider adding some sort of verification process for slaves.
> something that will run nightly or before each job if it's fast enough.
>
> we can think on checking
>  - ping
>  - ssh
>  - git clone..
>
> david, what do you think? might reduce a lot of false positive failures.

Adding something like that requires tampering jenkins internals (or wrapping a
job inside a job or similar), so it's not easy doing it per-job.

Jenkins itself should be doing connectivity checks periodically and take out
slaves of the pool if unreachable, unresponsive (if the ping is not fast
enough) or the disk/swap is filling up.

The slave log shows that it was connected after the job ran, I'll try to figure
out what happened before with it