Ovirt installation on fedora 23

David Caro dcaro at redhat.com
Tue Apr 19 09:02:15 UTC 2016

On 04/19 04:47, Guy Chen wrote:

> I am trying to install ovirt 3.6 on fedora 23, i have installed according to the site http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/yum-repo/ovirt-release36.rpm and yum repository was installed.
> Then when trying to install ovirt-engine getting error message :
> "No package ovirt-engine available"
>
> From looking the yum repository, the mirrolist path that is enabled does not exists, and baseurl under fc23 there are no RPM's :
>
> #baseurl=http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/ovirt-3.6/rpm/fc$releasever/
> mirrorlist=http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/yum-repo/mirrorlist-ovirt-3.6-fc$releasever
>
> How can the ovirt be installed on fedora 23 ?

Well, ovirt 3.6 is not supported on fc23, only fc22 right now, though you can
try installing the fc22 rpms there (you might find nasty errors though).

For fedora 23 you can try the latest master, but it's right now a bit unstable
as a lot of features and improvements are going in.

I'd recommend trying out running it in a vm at first, probably with centos if
all you want to do is play around with it, for example using ovirt live:

    * oVirt live: http://www.ovirt.org/download/ovirt-live/

And if you feel adventurous, I can help you setup a full virtual environment
with multiple hosts and nfs+iscsi storages using lago:

   https://github.com/lago-project/lago

Though might require a bit more effort