Please avoid manual modification to the 'tested' repo

Barak Korren bkorren at redhat.com
Sun Jun 18 12:32:44 UTC 2017

On 18 June 2017 at 12:30, Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com> wrote:

> I'm sorry I did that.
> Reason is that this version of qemu is obsolete and shouldn't stay there but
> on Virt SIG qemu repository. If we have jobs failing on qemu not found in
> tested repo, jobs are wrong and need to be fixed.

The jobs were not failing on the packages not being in the repo they
were failing on the repo metadata files pointing to package files that
were no longer there.

I agree that we should remove the qemu packages from the ovirt repos
but if we do it right now, stuff will just fail because OST will no
longer have any repos configured that contain these packages.

We need to first finish and merge one of the patches that add the
virt-SIG repos, after testing it carefully with a custom copy of
'tested' that does not contain 'qemu-kvm-*' and only then we can
safely remove the packages.

--
Barak Korren
RHV DevOps team , RHCE, RHCi