[Kimchi-devel] RFC: Asynchronous event notify

Wen Wang wenwang at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Aug 19 10:57:10 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Back-end:
STOMP <http://stomp.github.com/> is a simple text-orientated messaging
protocol, based on which, we can accomplish the "TCP for the web".

What we need is a message server and a client that communicate with the
server. We can send messages to server using this protocol and receive
messages from server, which needs a subscription to the server first and
then server gives the callback.

Here are the possible STOMP servers:

Apache ActiveMQ         the most popular and powerful open source
messaging and Integration Patterns server
Apache Apollo               a redesigned version of ActiveMQ
CoilMQ                           a lightweight pure Python STOMP broker
inspired by StompServer
Gozirra                            a lightweight Java STOMP broker
HornetQ                         puts the buzz in messaging
MorbidQ                        a STOMP publish/subscribe server with
absolutely no potential to cluster
RabbitMQ                      an Erlang-based, multi-protocol broker
with full support for STOMP via a plugin
Sprinkle                          written in Python and runs on Unix
type platforms
Stampy                           a Java implementation of the STOMP 1.2
specification
StompConnect               provides a bridge to any other JMS provider
StompServer                  a lightweight pure Ruby STOMP server

And the client:
pyactivemq     module for communicating with the ActiveMQ message broker
stomper          a client implementation of the STOMP protocol
stompest        a full-featured STOMP implementation for Python
including both synchronous and asynchronous clients
stompy           implementation of the STOMP protocol in Python
stomp.py        a Python client library which can also be run as a
standalone, command-line client for testing.

Front-end:
As I mentioned before. Front-end only change the way that the long time
task communicate with the back-end. UI should look just the same with a
more enhanced display. Also, more function will be enabled according to
this like we can enable actions when generating a debug report, etc.

Best Regards

Wang Wen