[Kimchi-devel] RFC: Discover Kimchi Peers - UI Mockup

Yu Xin Huo huoyuxin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Aug 19 10:55:55 UTC 2014

On 8/19/2014 1:23 AM, Aline Manera wrote:

> What about a new tab?
> So we can list the peers in a list view (as we did for storage and
> network)
> In this way we can easily display more information later: like number
> of vms, etc.
This is kimchi peers and kimchi need login. My thinking is that when
user click on a kimchi link, then open a new brower tab and the login
screen will appear.
Something like "Windows Network Neighborhood".

Aline, how do you get more information like numbers of vms without login?
            or you have a much bigger picture in mind that this feature
will evolve greatly in the future like virt-manager to add connection
info for each kimchi peer?
                 then all virtualization resources across the intranet
will be managed in one web console(I strongly support to discuss this
direction).